Earth Observation Specialist
- Ημερομηνία δημοσίευσης:23 Μαΐου, 2020
- Αιτήσεις έως: 5 Ιουνίου, 2020
- Προβολές 47
- Κλάδος εργασίας ΤεχνολογίαΕργασιακή εμπειρία 3 ΈτηΜορφωτικό επίπεδο Ανώτατη μόρφωση (ΑΕΙ/ΤΕΙ)
AgroApps is looking for an Earth Observation Specialist with experience in Remote Sensing to join our research team and be key in performing spatial analysis and feature extraction.
AgroApps uses and combines sophisticated numerical models, machine learning technologies, satellite and meteorological data, and crop growth models, to build solutions and customized services for farmers, agricultural consultants, agri-food and agricultural insurance companies, as well as for the public sector worldwide. Today we have a set of IT solutions that address real life challenges touching upon the benefits of sustainable agriculture and the complex farm management decision-making process. Our solutions help the agricultural stakeholders protect and improve their operations, guide more informed agricultural decisions and get the most out of their land.
Our team consists of experienced and qualified professionals that combine a diverse set of academic backgrounds and skills! Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to shape a sustainable agricultural world and make a difference in today’s farming.
All the members of our team are dedicated team players who bring energy, fresh ideas and creativity in their work. If you think that you fit the profile then you most definitely apply for a position in AgroApps!
The main responsibilities are:
- Support a range of geospatial data analysis methods and software development tasks to advance solutions for the agriculture sector challenges
- Write clean, well-structured and maintainable code by using best software development practices
- Development and testing of the components and interfaces using continuous integration
- Development of detailed documentation for methods and tools
- Preparing, processing data for machine learning algorithms
- Development of tools to process Earth Observation data (satellite images, in situ field measurements)
Requirements Earth Observation Specialist
- Expert understanding and experience in earth observation having proven work experience of 2+ years
- Expert knowledge on the fundamentals of remote sensing, including multispectral/SAR image processing, feature extraction, machine learning
- Good knowledge of one programming language: Python, R, Java
- Excellent knowledge of spatial databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL) and datacubes (e.g ODC, Rasdaman)
- Experience with open source GIS/Remote Sensing tools and software (e.g GDAL, Q/GRASS/SAGA GIS, ESA SNAP, Orfeo Toolbox) and experience in applying shell scripting for geoprocessing
- Understanding and implementation of complex architecture and ability to design/propose solutions to fit complex IT problems
Good to have (not required):
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with the OGC web interface (WMS, WCS, WPS)
- Experience on image processing and machine learning algorithms
- Experience in image processing algorithms, classification, object detection
- Competitive salary, plus a private health insurance program
- A dynamic and friendly environment
- Annual training budget for a topic you are passionate about
- Working in different projects building up the company’s and your portfolio