Planning Manager – Mandra Attica
Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos is a member of Ahold Delhaize Group that operates a network of 21 companies in 3 continents (11 countries), 375 000 employees and is trusted by more than 50 million customers on a weekly basis.
Alfa Beta is one of the largest retail chains with 309 Super Markets, 15 Cash & Carry, 190 franchise stores and over 14 000 employees.
The purpose of the job is to secure excellence in logistical operational performance, by leading a team of transport and delivery planners, in close cooperation and alignment with all relevant supply chain stakeholders; contributing to reach highest service level in all stores. In addition, is to design the distribution network (3PL and AB trucks) in order to reach excellent performance, and its further development and optimization, in order to ensure a long-term growth.
More specifically, the job holder:
- Leads and manages the team to secure total logistical operational performance from end-to-end perspective as it is defined by respective set of KPIs
- Implements and evaluates new routes and follows-up the performance in collaboration with all concerned supply chain stakeholders
- Actively works with capacity forecasting, identifies constraints due to peaks, volume fluctuations, etc.
- Contributes to provider’s management and development by supporting, respectively, transport purchasing process (tender and other procurement processes)
- Secures provider’s operational performance in all respects (as defined by relevant KPIs, in relation to capacity, precision, qualitative parameters, claims, safety, etc); identifies, monitors & implements relevant actions
- Designs and optimizes distribution network solutions and set-ups, based on the needs and by securing efficiencies
- Evaluates the benefits and costs of different strategies in transport planning and delivery process
- Responsible for the proper functioning of the vehicle fleet and the maintenance of vehicles
- 5-7 years prior working experience in relevant position in retail, FMCG or in a high-volume business environment
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, finance or any other relevant field. Master’s Degree will be considered an asset
- Fluency in English language, both written & spoken
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data and apply techniques in practical situations
- Capable of managing multiple, high-priority assignments and ability to work on several projects effectively and meet deadlines
- Results orientation and personal motivation
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and able to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships at various levels and ability to build network
- Experience with leading and supervising teams
The company offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent career prospects
On line at www.abcareers.gr quoting reference: (ref: PMKAM_2020)
Address: 81, Spaton Ave.
Zip code: 153 44
City: Gerakas – Attiki
All applications will be treated as confidential